Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Rite of Passage for Aaron the Befallen Son

The brevity of the moment has come to pass - as my nephew Aaron Coley has now succumbed to a swimming accident that occurred more than two weeks ago – which he would not survive from this tragic accident. My brother is presently torn between the why and why God did this had to happen to his son whom had such a bright and promising future? There is no easy answer to this question on why some people live a long and prosperous life, and why some accidents happen.

I wrestled with how to put in writing about my feelings on how I could write anything pertaining to my nephew premature and untimely death. It is a rite of passage that I dedicate these words to my feelings of
deep sorrow about the enduring brevity of my nephew leaving this earth a little too soon, a little less before the maturity of his life, where his dreams will never come to fruition before this lifetime.

Bitter sweet is this moment in time, two days before my fifty second birthday, and six days past my brother forty eighth birthday. I wish that I had more time to spend contented moments with my nephew, but it makes no difference about what I previously wished for, something that could have happened, but never will come to light of this time and place. This is a most bitter sweet moment for the mother, father, and family members, but it is also a time and opportunity for the family to reflect upon the happy times, and also not a time to echo nor reflect upon the negative affect of losing a child at such a tender age.

A rite of passage is what all of my family will live with today and tomorrow, and it is up to each and every one of us to bridge the inconsistency of this life, where our well connected family will need to support and love each other unconditionally in this most delicate time. This is the road we travel, the path which leads us into eternity arms of sweet release. As I spoke with my brother about his pain of losing a son, I also let him know that he does not walk alone in his pain. My Brother is very fortunate to have an abundance of family support to walk with him through this troubled time.

The call of God has welcomed a new spirit into the arms of the vast universe of Heaven - which we all struggle with the complexity of life and death. Even though many of us may not want to accept this death as premature, we all will have to come to terms with and learn to accept the the reality of this most difficult time.  A long life my nephew will not have, but his spirit will remain within the heart, mind and soul of each family member whom loved him dearly, and traveling through this heart wrenching moment, this death will not separate us, it will indeed make us stronger in our living deeper spirit, more compassionate in our depth of this moment in time, and hpoefully become more loving in our deliberate dense relationships. Friends and family will remember Aaron the befallen son, a star that is part of eternity stars now – the wonderful corridors of light – where our tears are forgiven for the broken hearted.

high school pictures of boston students aaron and friends
Content by Alfonso Coley - All Rights Reserved"

No comments:

Post a Comment