Monday, March 6, 2017
Herb Roasted Lemon Pepper Holiday Chicken
Serves 8 to 10 for a great festive holiday or anytime feast.
1. Presoak 3 whole chickens in iodized salt and chopped garlic for 24 hours. After chickens have soaked for this period of time, rinse chickens for 5 minutes. Let chickens drain for 15 minutes, remove all inert meat from chicken, place on side to add to dish.
2. Evenly pour 1 cup of cooking wine over each chicken both sides, add Goya pimento seasoning to the inner cavity of chicken, also add a few shakes of Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning blend to inner cavity.
3. Season each chicken with a generous amount of Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Herb seasoning on both sides.
4. Place chicken in desired cooking pan or dish-preheat oven to 375 degrees, place dishware on bottom rack. Turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees, this will be the ultimate appropriate cooking time.
5. During cooking time-turn chickens every 25 minutes, baste chicken during baking time to ensure the optimum tenderness of the whole chicken. To give roast chicken that extra flavor of delight, add 3 quarters of Spanish onions to pan and add an additional 1 cup of water and ½ cup of cooking wine to each pan.
6. Bake chicken for 2 hours-baste and cover with remaining wine sauce and Spanish onions. Remove chickens and cover with aluminum foil immediately to preserve the tenderness and flavor of the added herbs.
Photo Credit: Georgia About -- Wikimedia Creative Commons
CC by 3.0 Credit Link: .GeorgianRecipes.net
YouTube Video Courtesy of Divas Can Cook -- Love to share other chefs work of art besides my original recipes, and we are not a tragic survivor -- by what we share makes us better stewards of who we transpire to be.